Destiny Bay Mystae 2015
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 7% Malbec, 4% Petit Verdot Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Warm & dry spring, above average temperatures & sunshine hours with below average precipitation from veraison to harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.4 - 1.8 tonnes
- Brix: 24.2 - 26.2 pH: 3.64 TA: 6.0
- Maturation: 10 months in 60% French Oak & 40% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 328
- Alcohol: 14.5%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES: Deeply coloured with violet and blue tinges, the Mystae expresses a Cabernet dominant aromatic profile underpinned by black fruits and subtle baked bread notes. After a vigorous swirl there are hints of chocolate and a first taste broadly coats the palate showing excellent tannic structure. Further tasting reveals cranberries, pink peppercorns and a rich earthy quality that shows this particular Mystae owes its blending inspiration to the Haut-Médoc. Even though this wine is not overtly fruit forward, it has an inviting sweetness and provides a remarkably long finish. An excellent wine to pair with cheese and game. As it evolves in the cellar, look for more sweet tobacco, licorice and forest floor qualities.
ENJOY FROM: 4-15+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.