Destiny Bay Mystae 2014
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 52% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 11% Malbec, 9% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Average temperature and rainfall for spring & above average temperature & sunshine hours for summer through harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.4 - 2.2 tonnes
- Brix: 24 - 26.1 pH: 3.63 TA: 5.9
- Maturation: 10-15 months in 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 50% new barrels, 50% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 425
- Alcohol: 14.5%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES: Vibrant, deep and maroon in colour, the 2014 Mystae looks as concentrated in the glass as it delivers on its first palate-filling taste. Aromatically, the wine first expresses a flinty quality with notes of musk that is characteristic of bottle-aged Cabernet Franc. The wine quickly opens into smashed blackberries supported by peppery and floral notes typical of Cabernet Sauvignon at its best. The rich and concentrated palate is rounded and supported by a touch of French Vanilla on the forepalate and just a hint of caramel on the finish. Look for this wine to develop some sweet molasses, cigar notes and licorice as it passes 8 years in age.
ENJOY FROM: 4-15+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.