Destiny Bay Mystae 2013
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 52% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Franc, 8% Malbec, 6% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Dry and windy spring w/hot and dry summer conditions through harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.8 - 2.0 tonnes
- Brix: 24 - 25.6
- Maturation: 10-15 months in 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 60% new barrels, 40% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 550
- Alcohol: 14.5%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
Crimson with tinges of violet in the robe, the Mystae already presents some tertiary and earthy aromatics. On a first taste the higher proportion of Cabernet is evidenced in the tannin structure and mid-palate weight. As the wine evolves in the glass, licorice, Cabernet florality, and undernotes of graphite are expressed. Further tasting reveals density and persistence across the palate with hints of golden syrup and oak that is present, yet remains enigmatic. As the finish lingers with hints of musk and perfume from the Cabernet Franc, this 2013 Mystae proves generous and complex even at the earliest stages of what is sure to be a long life in the cellar.
ENJOY FROM: 4-15+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.