Destiny Bay Mystae 2010
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 5% Malbec, 4% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Cool Fruitset then atypically warm w/ little rainfall through to harvest
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.6 - 2.1 tonnes
- Brix: 23.5 - 25.6
- Maturation: 10-15 months in 60% French Oak & 40% American Oak
- Cooperage: 60% new barrels, 40% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 655
- Alcohol: 14.3%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
A dark garnet in colour with blue and purple robe. In the glass, the aroma expresses currants, blackberry, cocoa and smoke with hints of allspice. A full-bodied wine that expressses a complex tannin and flavour profile even though it is youthful at release. The mid-palate is layered with typical Cabernet Sauvignon characterstics that are underpinned by generous dark fruit notes from the Merlot, Malbec and Petit Verdot. With a structured, long finish, this wine will truly shine in food pairings and with time in the cellar.
ENJOY FROM: 6-15+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.