Destiny Bay Magna Praemia 2015
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 74% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 3% Malbec, 3% Petit Verdot Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Warm & dry spring, above average temperatures & sunshine hours with below average precipitation from veraison to harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.4 - 1.8 tonnes
- Brix: 24.2 - 26.2
- Maturation: 10 months in 60% French Oak & 40% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 428
- Alcohol: 14.4%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES:
Vibrant, youthful and deeply coloured in the glass, the nose is an explosion of smashed blackberries and cherry notes with subtle hints of lavender and thyme lying under the surface. The first taste delivers the rich and generous berry qualities indicated by the aromatics and has fresh acidity supporting the fore/mid-palates while the oak is subtle and restrained in the shadow of the overall concentration. On further exploration, the aromatics express Cabernet Franc’s characteristic musk, followed by graphite, and hints of vanilla/caramel. With a long finish, licorice and tobacco leaf notes, this wine will certainly unlock its true potential in the cellar for decades to come.
ENJOY FROM: 4-20+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.