Destiny Bay Destinae 2018
Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand
- 37% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot, 22% Malbec, 8% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Hot & dry spring through to veraison, above average temperatures & rainfall post-veraison.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.1 - 1.6 tonnes
- Avg. Brix: 23.8
- Maturation: ~12 months in 55% French Oak & 45% American Oak
- Cooperage: 35% new barrels, 65% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: ~880
- Alcohol: 13.4%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
A scarlet colour in the glass gives this wine a classic Claret appearance. The aromatic profile shows floral and blueberry notes with tinges of white pepper, and lavender. The hint of musk expressing from the Cabernet Franc indicates that complex tertiary aromatics are in this wine's future. On the first taste, at this young age, the wine shows a surprising degree of blue fruit notes followed up with summer berries. Acidity is well-tempered, but gives the wine a clean drive through the mid-palate before expressing notes of anise and good Cabernet typicity. Overall the palate is supple and gives warmth from restrained French and American oak. Expect this Destinae to develop complexity and depth beginning in it's 3rd-4th year.
ENJOY FROM: 4-10+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.