Destiny Bay Destinae 2015
Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand
- 33% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 19% Cabernet Franc, 11% Malbec, 5% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Warm & dry spring, above average temperatures & sunshine hours with below average precipitation from veraison to harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.4 - 1.8 tonnes
- Brix: 24.2 - 26.2
- Maturation: 10 months in 60% French Oak & 40% American Oak
- Cooperage: 35% new barrels, 65% 1 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 489
- Alcohol: 14.5%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES:
Deep scarlet colour and blue tinged, this Destinae appears concentrated on visual appearance alone. The aroma expresses intense berry coulis notes owing to a shorter oak exposure used this vintage. The wine then opens up to express blueberry and subtle pepper notes. On the first taste the forepalate shows blackberry and cherry, but is soon followed by firm and driving Cabernet typicity. Finally, an empty glass and long taste reveals oak characters which are restrained, but support a long finish with touches of graphite, pencil shavings and cocoa. The overall tannin and concentration profile shows that this is a wine which is rewarded by decanting when young and has a very long life ahead of it.
ENJOY FROM: 4-15+ years from vintage.
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.