Destiny Bay Destinae 2014
Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand
- 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 18% Malbec, 13% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: : Average temperature and rainfall for spring & above average temperature & sunshine hours
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.4-2.2 tonnes
- Brix: 24.1-26.1
- Maturation: 10-15 months 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 570
- Alcohol: 14.5%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
A deep maroon in colour is complemented with fragrant and peppery aromatics owing to some of the best Cabernet Franc we have ever produced. The nose gives way to luscious dark berry aromas and hints of cocoa. On first taste the palate is rich and broad with vanilla notes that sweeten the mid-palate backed up by restrained oak. While intensely concentrated, the tannins and alcohol balance each other as this bolder vintage of Destinae remains elegant and approachable. Look for raspberry, cherry and musk notes to come forward as this wine evolves in the cellar over a very long life.
ENJOY FROM: 4-12+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.