Destiny Bay Destinae 2012
Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand
- 51% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc, 8% Malbec, 5% Petit Verdot Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Dry and cool spring w/typical summer weather followed by warm dry harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.8 - 2.0 tonnes
- Brix: 23 - 26.2
- Maturation: 10-15 months 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 720
- Alcohol: 13.8%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
Deep scarlet colour with a violet tinged robe, the 2012 Destinae is true "right bank‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àöœÄ in composition owing to the remarkable Merlot in this vintage. The nose is fragrant with floral and peppery notes from the Cabernets in the blend. The wine shows firm structure and leaves a rich coating of fine tannins across the palate that carry through the finish. Perfect oak integration supports the cherry and blackberry characters on the palate and has a savoury quality with lingering touches of vanilla and coffee. Still youthful, we expect this Destinae to be long lived with great evolution through its cellaring life.
ENJOY FROM: 4-10+ years from vintage.
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.