Destiny Bay Destinae 2009
Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand, Waiheke Island
- 41% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Franc, 6% Malbec, 4% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Cool budbreak then warm w/moderate rainfall from veraison through harvest
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.1-1.7 tonnes
- Brix: 22.0 - 25.1
- Maturation: 10-15 months in French & American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels 60% 1-year barrels
- Cases Produced: 672
- Alcohol: 13.9%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
Deep red in colour with a bouquet of dark cherries and undertones of graphite and the traditional musk and perfume notes associated with mature Cabernet Franc. On the palate the increased portion of Petit Verdot this vintage adds hints of blueberry that give the mid-palate both weight and viscosity. Acidity and tannin blend together to create a silky fine-grained structure that is deceptive given the power and aging potential in this year's Destinae.
ENJOY FROM: 4-10+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.