Destiny Bay Destinae 2008
Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand, Waiheke Island
- 39% Cabernet Sauvignon, 29% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, 16% Malbec, 1% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Warm & Dry
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.5-2.1 tonnes
- Brix: 24.6 - 25.1
- Maturation: 10-15 months in French & American Oak
- Cooperage: 50% new barrels 50% 1-year barrels
- Cases Produced: 1250
- Alcohol: 14.1%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES:
A brilliant, purple and ruby colour with blue highlights. The aroma presents dark red fruit from the Merlot and is backed up by tobacco and raspberry from the Cabernet Sauvignon. The increased Cabernet Franc adds hints of violet and earthiness. Silky tannins from the higher portions of free-run juice integrate with the oak and gives the wine length and balance. The dry conditions and fastidious winemaking practices by the team at Destiny Bay have made this a well-crafted wine with great definition.
ENJOY FROM: 6-10+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.