Destiny Bay Magna Praemia 2019
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Merlot, 6% Malbec, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot
- Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Warm spring with moderate rainfall, hot & dry through to veraison, above average temperatures & sunshine and below average rain post-veraison.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.3 - 2.0 tonnes
- Brix: 24.4
- Maturation: ~12 months in 55% French Oak & 45% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 700
- Alcohol: 14.1%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
A concentrated scarlet and blue hue in the glass, the aromas are a complex blend of black and blue berry fruits underpinned with lavender and sandalwood before a final lift of graphite and classic Cabernet Sauvignon typicity. In the mouth, the wine presents concentrated berry flavours which are polished, warm and mouthfilling before a fine edge of tannins coats the perimeter of the palate. As the wine finishes, the outstanding quality of the Merlot in this vintage is apparent with a lovely cherry quality. While this Magna Praemia is expressive, seamless and tempting to drink upon release, it promises great potential to those who choose to cellar it.
ENJOY FROM: 5-15+ years from vintage
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.