Destiny Bay Mystae 2009
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 8% Malbec, 2% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Cool budbreak then warm w/moderate rainfall from veraison through harvest
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.1 - 1.7 tonnes
- Brix: 22.0 - 25.1
- Maturation: 10-15 months in 60% French Oak & 40% American Oak
- Cooperage: 60% new barrels, 40% 1-year barrels
- Cases Produced: 446
- Alcohol: 14.1%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
Dark and garnet in colour with tinges of purple. In the glass, the aroma expresses currants, raspberry and cedar with a slight hint of vanilla. Initially the 2009 Mystae is more restrained than the Destinae, but with a short decant it reveals its aromatic complexity. On the midpalate the Cabernet Sauvignon takes the lead giving this wine depth and structure while the Merlot and Petit Verdot give a round and long finish. The fruit quality that is present on the finish suggests long term cellaring will be rewarded with complex tertiary flavours.
ENJOY FROM: 6-12+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.