Destiny Bay Mystae 2012
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Franc, 6% Malbec, 5% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Dry and cool spring w/typical summer weather followed by warm dry harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.8 - 2.0 tonnes
- Brix: 23 - 26.2
- Maturation: 10-15 months in 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 60% new barrels, 40% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 475
- Alcohol: 14.1%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
Deep and garnet in colour with blue tinges. Aromatically the wine expresses classic Cabernet Sauvignon typicity with distinctive floral, cassis and dark berry notes. The palate is full-bodied and generous showing such complexity of flavours and integration of tannin that it almost defies description. As the wine finishes hints of anise, pepper, and French Vanilla are revealed. Once again the Mystae proves its namesake as an enigmatic and exciting wine that is sure to evolve over many years in the cellar and pair marvelously with a range of meals.
ENJOY FROM: 4-15+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.