Destiny Bay Mystae 2016
- Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand
- 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 17% Malbec, 12% Cabernet Franc, 8% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Hot & dry spring through to veraison, above average temperatures & rainfall post-veraison followed by dry conditions at harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.1 - 1.6 tonnes Avg.
- Brix: 23.7
- Maturation: ~12 months in 55% French Oak & 45% American Oak Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 287
- Alcohol: 13.2%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES:
Scarlet red in colour and reminiscent of a French claret. The nose is distinctly expressive of Cabernet Franc’s musky quality and then is followed by berries and cocoa. On a first taste the wine is texturally generous with black cherry and red berry fruits and fine-grained tannins lending structure. The increased use of newer French Oak in this blend keeps the oak aromatics restrained with less vanilla and more subtle wood notes. Acidity remains fresh suggesting that increased cellar time will favour the development of a more complex aromatic profile. This wine should offer plenty to think about in the 7-9 year range with floral and forest floor aromatics becoming more expressive over time.
ENJOY FROM: 5-12+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.