Destiny Bay Magna Praemia 2016
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 67% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Malbec, 10% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Hot & dry spring through to veraison, above average temperatures & rainfall post-veraison followed by dry conditions at harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.1 - 1.6 tonnes Avg.
- Brix: 23.7 Maturation: ~12 months in 55% French Oak & 45% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 245
- Alcohol: 13.2%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES: A carmine red colour casts this Magna Praemia into the realm of a classic and nuanced Left-Bank claret. Upfront the Cabernet Sauvignon aromatics offer florality and peppery qualities with just a hint of caramel from both the French and American oak. On the palate the acidity gives focus, yet the wine remains warm and generous with black cherry, boysenberry and a touch of French vanilla that rounds out a lengthy finish. In its youth, decanting over a few hours will allow this Magna Praemia to express even more perfume notes and palate weight giving insight into the rewards this wine will offer from time in the cellar.
ENJOY FROM: 5-15+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.