Destiny Bay Magna Praemia 2014
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 74% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot, 3% Malbec
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Average temperature and rainfall for spring & above average temperature & sunshine hours for summer through harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.4 - 2.2 tonnes
- Brix: 24.1 - 26.1
- Maturation: 10-15 months in 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 50% new barrels, 50% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 210
- Alcohol: 14.5%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES: Deep, dark and maroon in colour, this Magna Praemia may serve as one our most robust wines ever produced. The nose is complex and fragrant with graphite, blueberry, plum and a touch of vanilla pod. Yet underneath the fruit, the wine shows peppercorn and a delicate floral quality which highlights the typicity that Cabernet Sauvignon grown at Destiny Bay expresses. Upon first taste, this Magna Praemia is rich and generous with lush berry flavours and mouth-feel that persists across the midpalate. The oak is seemlessly integrated on the long finish before the wine leaves just enough of a coating of tannins to suggest that it is truly age-worthy. Expect this concentrated wine to reward long term cellaring.
ENJOY FROM: 4-20+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.