Destiny Bay Magna Praemia 2012
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Malbec, 3% Cabernet Franc Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Dry and cool spring w/typical summer weather followed by warm dry harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.8 - 2.0 tonnes
- Brix: 23 - 26.2
- Maturation: 10-15 months 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 60% New, 40% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 199
- Alcohol: 14.1%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES:
A deep and dark colour that is scarlet with violet tinges as the wine curls up the glass. The Cabernet Sauvignon in 2012 had a quality during vinification that was reminiscent of great Napa Valley Cabernets and expresses notes of cassis, licorice and black plums. The wine shows depth of tannin and structure across the entire palate with the promise to evolve into a layered and complex wine in the cellar. The wine finishes with great length that carries notes of chocolate, cloves and baking spices. An exciting wine to drink in its youth, it will most certainly give “Great Rewards” to those who cellar it for the long haul.
ENJOY FROM: 4-15+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.