Destiny Bay Destinae 2013
Estate Bottled Wine of New Zealand
- 38% Merlot, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Cabernet Franc, 8% Malbec, 6% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: : Dry and windy spring w/hot and dry summer conditions through harvest.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.8 - 2.0 tonnes
- Brix: 23.4- 25.6
- Maturation: 10-15 months 50% French Oak & 50% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 710
- Alcohol: 14.5%
WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES:
A deep crimson colour and richly scented, the Destinae offers a great snapshot of the hot and dry conditions that marked the 2013 vintage. Upon its first pour into a glass, notes of dark cherry and berries soon give way to chocolate that is underpinned by floral hints and thyme. On tasting the palate is both rich and textural with a firm mid-palate presence and an impressive tannin structure. The oak is tightly integrated, but there is a refined umami quality from French Oak before 36-month seasoned American Oak carries out a subtle and long finish. Vibrant, structured and accessible, this release of Destinae truly captures the essence of the vineyard and the 2013 vintage as a whole.
ENJOY FROM: 4-10+ years from vintage.
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.