Destiny Bay Mystae 2007
- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 6% Malbec, 2% Petit Verdot
- Grown, Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island ons Road,Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Moderate Warmth & Rainfall
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: .9 - 1.8 tonnes
- Brix: 24.6 - 25.1 Maturation: 10-15 months in French & American Oak
- Cooperage: 60% new barrels 40% 1-year barrels
- Cases Produced: 212 Alcohol: 14.2%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
Deep ruby with faint purple hues. A vibrant nose of cassis and licorice is complemented by hints of sandalwood and cedar. Some rhubarb and savoury notes add complexity. Well woven oak and grape tannins evident on the palate with dark berry and preserved fruit nuances. The finish is heady and displays subtle power and wonderful length. The touch of Petit Verdot adds intensity and focus. Combined with firm acidity this will increase complexity in the cellar.
ENJOY FROM: 8-10+ years from vintage
*For International customers, strongly recommend to choose DHL + insurance*
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.