- Estate Bottled
- Wine of New Zealand
- 59% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 11% Malbec, 8% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot
- Produced and Bottled By Destiny Bay Wines 379 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island
- Vintage Detail: Warm spring with moderate rainfall, hot & dry through to veraison, above average temperatures & sunshine and below average rain post-veraison.
- Vinified Tonnage/Acre: 1.3 - 2.0 tonnes
- Brix: 24.4
- Maturation: ~12 months in 55% French Oak & 45% American Oak
- Cooperage: 40% new barrels, 60% 1-2 year barrels
- Cases Produced: 560
- Alcohol: 14.1%
WINEMAKER'S TASTING NOTES:
A dark, deep colour with a blue tinged robe, blackberry and blue fruits brood in the glass with a hint of Cabernet Franc that offers its signature trait of being perfumed and simultaneously earthy. On closer examination, there are notes of graphite, cassis and cocoa overlaying a subtle touch of oak. Upon first taste, the concentrated berry notes are polished and mouth-filling before the wine yields to a long finish with a crème brûlée quality and lingering hints of lavender and perfume. As the wine evolves in the glass, the fine grained tannins persist across the palate as it reveals roasted coffee bean characters and excellent Cabernet Sauvignon typicity. This Mystae is sure to become a wine to ponder as it gains complexity in the cellar for years and years to come.
ENJOY FROM: 5-12+ years from vintage
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.